This recipe makes approximately 22 large cinnamon rolls.
8 cups of Organic Flour
8 tbspns Organic Raw Sugar
8 tspns Baking Powder
2 tspns Salt
100g Butter, melted
2 1/2 cups Rice Milk*
2 cups Organic Raw Sugar
2 cups White Sugar ***
4 tbspns Ground Cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius. Brush a baking tray with 2 - 3 tablespoons of melted butter (Please Note: It is important to make sure the tray is well greased, otherwise the rolls with stick).
Sift flour, raw sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Beat the milk and eggs together in another bowl, and then add this and the melted butter at the same time to the flour mixture. Stir all combined ingredients until a soft dough forms**.
Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and roll out dough until it is in the form of a 1/4-inch thick rectangle.
- Brush some additonal melted butter across the surface of the prepared dough with a pastry brush.
Sift the white sugar, raw sugar, and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the prepared dough.
- Roll dough with the filling so that it forms a log.
- Cut the resulting log into 1/4 inch rolls and place each roll onto the prepared baking tray.
Bake the rolls in the preheated oven until rolls are golden and set. This will take approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove rolls from baking tray and place on a cooling rack.
These cinnamon rolls are lovely served for breakfast.
* Use whatever milk you prefer.
**I found it was best to add some extra flour, when preparing the dough, to turn it out onto the floured work surface.
***I used white sugar in the cinnamon filling, as this was what I had onhand. You could substitute the white sugar for brown sugar.