Here is the recipe for those who also might like to make some delicious sultana scones:
The following recipe makes approximately 12 large scones.
6 cups of Organic Plain Flour
12 tspns of Baking Powder
1/2 tspn Salt
150g Butter, chopped
3 cups of Rice Milk *
2 cups of Organic Sultanas
1. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together into a bowl. Add the sultanas to the combined dry ingredients.
2. Chop in butter, until the combined ingredients resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Add the milk and mix quickly to form a soft dough.
4. Knead the dough a little and then shape each scone as you wish.
5. Dust a cool oven tray lightly with flour.
6. Place each prepared scone onto the tray. Brush the tops with a little milk.
7. Bake the scones in the oven at 180 degrees celsius for about 10 - 15 minutes, until golden brown.
8. Remove cooked scones from oven tray and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
9. Serve when cool with jam and whipped cream.
*Or whatever milk you prefer.